Electronic Trading Operations Representative
Bloomberg is a leading provider of electronic trading tools and services for all segments of the financial markets, and our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyse, and resolve issues impacting connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg's clients. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. We challenge and support each other to deliver the best customer service across the industry.
What's the Role?
As a key member of Bloomberg's Electronic Trading Operations team you will be responsible for providing first line support to Bloomberg's external and internal clients whilst working closely with second line support and development teams. You will be the trusted authority troubleshooting and resolving issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. You will know how to handle complex technical issues with ease and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues across departments globally to continually improve our operational processes. You will be critical in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for these businesses and their clients.
As an ETO representative, we'll trust you to:
- Build, Certify and Support new FIX connections, configure applications for these connections, and complete post-production testing across multiple asset classes
- Analyse and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading products
- Liaise with Bloomberg's clients and our internal Product, Tradedesk, and Engineering groups to handle client expectations and expedite queries
- Partner with Engineering and Product development teams to design and implement future system and Product changes to prevent production incidents
- Design improvements to existing and new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Support tools
- Examine root cause statistics and help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- A Bachelor's Degree in information systems or a related technology field, or relevant work experience
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and commands, troubleshooting LAN / WAN, and in Middleware connectivity (TCP/IP, MQ, UDP)
- Knowledge of a scripting language, such as Perl, Bash, Korn or Python
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrated leadership in supporting business and technology goals through creative thinking, automation and identifying efficiencies.
- Excellent communication skills and effective prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, to multi-task, to be a team-player, to be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and project management skills
- A keen interest in learning new technical skills and product knowledge
- Knowledge of the Equity, Options, Futures, FI and FX markets and any exposure to Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds
- Front to back knowledge of the orderflow lifecycle of financial markets
- Exposure to Message Protocols, including FIX.4.0, FIX.4.2, and FIX.4.4
- Experience with SQL or databases
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email . Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact or .
Please make sure you mention VERCIDA when asked on your application how you found out about the role.