CPL Productions is a BAFTA award winning television and radio production company based in London. We create and produce engaging, modern entertainment & factual formats and scripted television.
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join our office based team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to move from practise into industry or for anyone looking for a fresh challenge in a role that gives input to key decision making as part of a small team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferred)
- Advanced excel skills
- Competent communicator of financial information to non-finance persons
- Ability to manage varying workloads to meet tight financial reporting and production deadlines
• Assuring CPL’s compliance with UK financial laws and regulations
• Managing the accounts function
• Implementation of and compliance with company financial controls and procedures
• Ensuring accounting deadlines are met and results are reported accurately
• Producing financial forecasts and budgets as required
• Producing third party participation/royalty reports
• Providing financial analysis required by senior management to make business decisions
• Management of Purchase ledger clerk and Assistant Management Accountant
• Ensuring Production accounting procedures are followed and financial reports are produced on a timely and accurate basis
Assuring CPL’s compliance with UK financial laws and regulations
• Ensure VAT, tax, accounting and all specific Film/TV Industry tax guidelines are adhered to throughout the company
Managing the accounts function
• Management of Assistant Management Accountant and Purchase Ledger Clerk
Company’s financial reporting .
• Produce accurate, timely monthly financial reports and commentaries for review by Commercial Director - including internal management reports and all financial reporting required by Head Office
• Review and approve monthly reconciliations prepared by accounts team, review aged debtors and aged creditor reports and ensure any outstanding issues are resolved
• Prepare & calculate accurately all other aspects of the monthly accounts, including the income recognition and cost accruals
• Prepare the monthly profit and cash forecasts from information provided by the Commercial Director, then prepare and submit the Head Office reports required based on this information.
• Plan and oversee the year-end financial reporting, tax compliance/tax reports, and statutory audit, meeting deadlines as required.
Manage Production Accounting processes
• Complete the induction process for Production Mangers to ensure all Company procedures are understood and adhered to, and ensure Production Managers handbook and Financial dept handbook is kept up to date to reflect all correct accounting procedures
• Ensure new cost managers are set up accurately at the start of production
• Check and approve Production payment runs.
• Regular review of debtors, and reasons for late payments. Highlight issues to Commercial Director to follow up.
• Ensure monthly float reconciliations are completed, and any issues arising are highlighted to Commercial Director
• Check and review monthly submissions of cost reports from Production Managers (check, reports are reconciled to the accounting system, internal recharges are correctly identified, notes on significant changes are accurate, customer invoicing schedule is up to date)
• Prepare accurate month end production margins summary for review by Commercial Director and Director of Production
• Prepare month end costs reports for Broadcasters (where needed) for approval by Director of Production
• Provide financial information about production profits to Commercial Director or Director of Production when required.
• Check accuracy of calculations for new production budgets prepared (check budget files completed correctly, formulae are working, internal charges are correctly identified and NI , Pensions are correctly calculated)
• Check payroll data, including office based staff and data submitted by Production Managers
• Ensure tax and NI regulations are adhered to.
• Submit payroll to external payroll provider, and be point of contact for any questions
• Ensure monthly payroll submission is authorised and paid on time
• Responsible for ensuring all other payroll reports are completed accurately and on time (eg P11D).
Company cashflow efficiency
• Check company cashflow forecast to ensure accurate and complete, review with Commercial Director on a regular basis to ensure cash balances are sufficient to meet expected payments.
• Regular review of debtors, including :
o checking distributor reporting has been received , invoiced and paid.
o checking status of production invoicing, and expected future receipts.
o highlighting issues to Commercial Director to follow up.
Prepare accurate royalty statements for Broadcasters, Artists and Format creators and arrange payments.
• To download and consolidate accurate data showing sales receipts & costs by format.
• Review contractual terms and previous payments made , to check royalties now due for each Format
• Prepare royalty statements in Excel, for review by Commercial Director
• Send out royalty statements, oversee payments and respond to any queries received.
Provide support to the Commercial Director / Head of Production
• Ad hoc analysis of financial data as required.
• Document and improve procedures where required.
• Provide support as required with changes to Production accounting processes
• Adhoc duties and financial support as required. Occasional support to production teams may be required during busy times, on filming days/in studio.
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly