School & Community Liaison Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you a creative and innovative communicator and looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic Marketing team, working as part of an exciting College Group across West Sussex?
We have an opportunity for a School & Community Liaison Officer to join the team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury campuses on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of £20,671 - £22,591 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our School & Community Liaison Officer you will be responsible for identifying key opportunities to improve college recruitment across a wide range of post-16 course options including higher education and apprenticeships. You will provide support and advice to young people, parents and educators on the range of education options post-16.
Our School & Community Liaison Officer duties and key responsibilities:
- Provide input to the creation of school and community liaison plans and ensure quality relationships are maintained and grown with key schools and communities.
- Represent the college and build sustainable relationships with local schools and the community.
- Offer appropriate activities and partnerships to local schools to maintain schools and parents’ confidence in the College as the destination of choice.
- Access key data on students considering the College and work with Marketing and Admissions to devise campaigns to convert enquiries into enrolments.
- Work with the Marketing, Sales and Admissions teams to plan, manage and deliver Information Days and Open Days/Events (internal & external).
- Work with the Marketing team to develop recruitment campaigns that provide enhanced data capture and ongoing communications with prospective students.
- Manage a pro-active campaign of community engagement including attending local fetes and events to promote the College offer.
- Work with the Sales and curriculum teams to develop a commercial offer to sell to schools and track campaigns, enquiries and conversions.
- Work in partnership with Curriculum areas to offer specialist speakers/master classes to schools, with a particular focus on STEM activities.
- Collate market research on our competition for the pre and post 16 offer and make recommendations on required changes to approach/offer
Skills & Experience required of our School & Community Liaison Officer:
- Proven interpersonal skills as the role will involve communication ranging from formal presentations to informal discussions with a wide range of people.
- Project management, IT, organisational and administrative skills are also essential as the role is busy and varied
- You should have an understanding of widening participation and knowledge of the structure and systems of higher education, further education and secondary schools
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English at grade C or above
- Experience running a customer engagement, presentation or IAG activity (sales and/or marketing) with proven results
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Outlook
- Experience planning and delivering events and campaigns
The role requires some travel outside of Chichester area and working outside normal office hours when required.
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 21st June 2018
Interview date: Thursday 12th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our School & Community Liaison Officer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.