Lecturer in Law
7 days left
- Full Time
We have an opportunity for a Lecturer in Law to join the team based at our Chichester campus on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of £20,671 - £36,287 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
Reporting to the Head of Learning, your key role as our Lecturer in Law will be to undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
Our Lecturer in Law duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Skills & Experience required of our Lecturer in Law:
- You will hold a PGCE or Certificate in Education
- Degree in Law or equivalent
- Recent experience teaching A Level law
- Relevant commercial experience in a legal environment
- Experience in curriculum delivery and associated administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
- An understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
We also offer a range of Law provision including BTEC, CIlex and Criminology. Therefore the ability to deliver CIlex Level 6 Criminal Litigation would be an advantage.
Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 21st June 2018
Interview date: Friday 6th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in Law then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.