Private Rented Sector Officer / Private Sector Housing
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Private Rented Sector Officer
Location: Guildhall, Gainsborough
Salary: £23,111 to £25,463 per annum Band 7
Job Type: 37 hours per week, 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 24th June 2018
Interview Date: 4th July 2018
The private rented sector plays a key role in meeting housing need and the Council is committed to improving the standards within it and working with landlords and other relevant agencies in order to do this. The Council is looking for an individual to work closely with current support providers and be a liaison between landlords, tenants and the Council.
The successful individual will need to be proactive and have a detailed understanding of private sector housing within West Lindsey as well as having great advocacy skills to reach successful outcomes between tenants and landlords.
The individual will also need to develop and promote this service and develop incentives for landlords as a tool for advertising properties to prospective tenants. This will involve managing and developing the existing Tenant Passport scheme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To explore opportunities to generate income to support the Councils offer to the Private Rented Sector.
- To maintain a detailed understanding of the private sector housing market in West Lindsey and the differing needs across the district.
- To actively contribute to delivery of the Councils Place Based Regeneration approach and other strategic objectives.
- To comply with current relevant legislation, policies, procedures and performance measures.
- To keep up to date with changes in relevant legislation and communicate to landlords and tenants where appropriate.
- To proactively meet performance targets and required service standards.
- To improve security of tenure for tenants living within the Private Rented Sector. Develop and provide packages of support for PRS landlords.
- To engage and develop positive relationships with private sector landlords through providing specialist advice and assistance.
- To maintain a detailed understanding of the private sector housing market in West Lindsey, including need, supply and demand.
- Work closely with the Councils Selective Licensing and Housing Standards Officers and make appropriate referrals to both teams.
- Actively support the service to reduce the number of homeless cases resulting from the ending of an assured shorthold tenancy.
- Actively manage, lead and develop the Councils Tenant Passport scheme.
- To improve accessibility of PRS accommodation to meet housing need and prevent / relieve homelessness.
- To liaise with support providers who may be able to provide assistance to tenants within the private rented sector.
- To provide one to one support and advice to individual private sector landlords when requested.
- To establish good working relationships with partners and credit unions to develop a range of products that will improve access into the private rented sector.
Service Specific Responsibilities:
- To record data and respond to requests for performance related information in relation to the service objectives for Home Choices and Housing and Environmental Enforcement.
- To promote West Lindsey Home Choice to landlords as a tool for advertising properties to prospective tenants
The ideal Candidate will:
- Be Innovative, dynamic, solution focussed
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, managers, customers, stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate the others
- Be able to provide a sensitive and responsive service
- Demonstrate ability to gather, analyse and interpret information and exercise judgement Personal Characteristics: Ability to identify gaps in service provision and liaise with senior officers and external agencies to address these
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Environmental Compliance and Health & Safety Manager, Compliance Manager, Housing, Property Management, Revenues and Benefits, Urban Planning, Social Policy, Health & Safety Coordinator, Environmental Health & Safety Manager and Environmental Compliance Specialist may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Private Rented Sector Officer / Private Sector Housing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly