Job Title: Pipe Layer
Location: Edinburgh, EH11
Hours: 8:00 – 18:00
Salary: £14 per hour
Our client is a new forward-thinking, full-service specialist demolition and civil engineering partner, set up to support the UK construction industry, with a professional approach. They believe in Exceptional People, Superior Service and Commercial Innovation.
Due to continued expansion, our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pipe Layer to join the team.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Cut metal components for installation.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
- Apply adhesives to construction materials.
- Weld metal components.
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
- Spread sand, dirt or other loose materials onto surfaces.
- Install or repair sanitary or stormwater sewer structures or pipe systems.
- Install plumbing or piping.
- Maintain plumbing structures or fixtures
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Evaluate projects to determine compliance with technical specs.
- Lay our pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints and coordinating layouts with supervisors.
- Dig holes or trenches to required specification.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a CSCS card and
- Be experienced in pipe laying or have a CPCS or equivalent dumper ticket.
- Experience within groundwork projects would be an advantage.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Pipe Layer, Pipe Fitter, Drain Layer, Construction Labourer, Construction Worker, Pipe Connector, Pipe Installer, Pipe Foreman, Pipe Liner, Pipe Setter, Plumbing Technician.