Technical Estimator / Cost Estimation Engineer
Job Title: Technical Estimator
Location: Goole, South Yorkshire
The Company are a leading vehicle converter who has a strong track record in delivering quality products to a wide range of customers. They currently have a vacancy for a Technical Estimator. The role would suit an experienced estimator from a vehicle conversions, fleet management or maintenance workshop background looking for a varied role in the technical development team of a forward thinking and innovative vehicle convertor.
Reporting directly to the Technical Development Manager the role carries responsibility for ensuring customer requests are converted into accurate vehicle build specifications/pricing.
- Provides clarity to the sales team on specification and how that relates to the bespoke enquires received.
- Works with the sales team to ensure enquires are communicated correctly and accurately at the start of the enquiry process.
- Provides feedback to sales on areas where inadequate information is provided.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents as needed.
- Computes costs by analysing material, and time requirements.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating related results as needed.
- Strong practical engineering knowledge covering a wide range of materials, products and processes.
- Significant experience gained in the automotive industry, fleet management, and maintenance workshop.
- Knowledge of practical problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent IT skills
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Vehicle Estimator, Conversion Estimator, Technical Conversion Estimator, Engineering Estimator, Cost Estimation Officer, Works Cost Estimator, Vehicle Conversion Cost Estimator, Conversion Cost Estimator may also be considered for this role.