Learning Support Assistant
We are currently looking for someone that has a background in a teaching environment to come and join us!
The role will be full time Monday - Friday typically between the hours of 08:30 - 15:30
It is based in the Stourbridge area and any applicant must be a driver to be considered for this role due to difficult access via public transport
This position is a temporary assignment with the potential to go permanent after a consecutive number of weeks with the pay rate of £8 per hour
If successful you will be working with children aged 6 - 16 years with challenging behaviour, autism and learning disabilities with day to day duties being;
- Supporting schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- Preparing learning resources
- Encouraging children's confidence, self esteem and independence
- Helping children understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating
- Putting into practice individual education, social, behavioural and personal care programmes
- Encouraging children to communicate with one another and with staff
- Providing feedback and assistance to teachers
- Supporting children in social activities and on outings
- Assisting children during therapy sessions
- Recognising signs of distress in children and offering reassurance
- Attending to pupil's physical needs
- Completing records
This position is an immediate start so if you are out of work or working on a temporary basis elsewhere then you are a perfect candidate!
As an agency we would need to reference for a period of five years so please only apply if this is something you can provide.
Simply apply online today with an updated CV or give Emma Tredwell a call on 0121 633 3123 to find out more information.
Apply for Learning Support Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly