Trainee Multimedia Journalist
Trainee Multimeida Journalist
£Competitive + Company benefits
Do you love news?
Do you want to cover one of the best news patches in the country?
Are you brilliant at telling stories?
Can you think like a reader?
EssexLive is looking for a motivated and talented trainee reporter to join the team. The successful candidate will write (video, podcast) for EssexLive with stories also going in the Essex Chronicle, Brentwood Gazette and Harlow Star.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity where you would be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
About the company
Reach plc, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Provide live coverage of news events for live blogs
- Shoot video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs
- Source third-party and social content
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
- Be adept on social media, in line with Reach PLC policies, to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
The ideal candidate
You'll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, accuracy and legal compliance.
You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
You'll possess a full UK driving licence and have a full set of NCTJ prelims, including 100 wpm shorthand
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.