Are you an experienced news editor who can fly through copy and make it sing?
Can you spot the news line in a council report or the follow-up lurking in a Community Health Council minute?
SEACAM (South East and Cambridge) region of Reach Plc is looking for a hard-working, deft, lover of words and local government to join our team.
You'll be responsible for leading our local democracy reporters and making their copy irresistible.
- Editing content to ensure it is high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written.
- Managing our team of BBC local democracy reporters to ensure they are producing high-quality content on a daily basis.
- Coming up with lots of ideas to ensure our content is always of the highest possible standard.
- Transferring content from the BBC system to our own system and ensuring it is presented on our websites in a way that engages and drives a digital audience.
- Meticulously managing a diary to ensure that all key meetings and stories are covered.
- Dealing with any complaints that arise and helping to maintain good working relationships with the people who we write about.
- Using analytics to identify how stories should be presented once transferred to our sites to gain the biggest possible audience.
- Sharing our stories on social media and helping to increase our social media audience.
- Ensuring you have a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines.
The ideal candidate
- You will ideally be an existing news/content editor or a talented senior reporter looking for an exciting new challenge.
- You will have an understanding of all the storytelling requirements of a digital newsroom.
- You will have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- You will regularly come up with brilliant ideas for engaging and shareable content.
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
- You will be experienced in reporting on local government or editing local government copy.
- You will have some experience of managing, motivating and inspiring a team.
- You will possess a full driving licence.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.