Job Title: Communications Executive
Salary: Between £18,000 and £24,000 depending on experience.
Our client is a PR and communications agency based in Old Street that specialises in three things:
- Masspress coverage to launch exciting new businesses, products or services to market
- More long-term profiling of startupbusinesses to consumers, businesses and investors through consistent press coverage
- Specialist communications in the investment sectors for companies raising finance or looking to engage with investors
Working with a range of exciting clients – typically small businesses in the tech sectors – our client delivers PR strategies to ensure maximum exposure for the company and its leaders. What’s more, our client combine this PR work with complementary content marketing services such as report writing, blogs, social media and email marketing to amplify the impact of the coverage they get in the press.
Due to continued success, our client is seeking a bright and confident communications executive to join their growing team. Whether a university graduate or someone who, ideally, already has some relevant experience under their belt, this is the ideal opportunity for anyone looking to get into the world of PR and comms. Given that a significant portion of the role will be dedicated to copywriting – writing strategic emails to journalists and producing content on behalf of our clients – the position is also well suited to anyone from a journalism, copywriting or content marketing background.
The successful candidate will support and, in time, develop PR and content strategies to ensure great coverage for our clients. They should possess a confident demeanour, strong work ethic and positive attitude that will enable them to communicate competently to journalists, clients and colleagues alike. Indeed, excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – are a must for this role. The successful candidate will have a high level of aptitude towards absorbing information on new subjects and being able to pinpoint links between current affairs and a business’ products or services. Thereafter they must demonstrate a strong ability to produce engaging copy for a range of audiences.
Over time the person who joins the team will assist in handling key accounts, developing and presenting pitches for prospective new clients, and devising strategies and angles to get press coverage for the clients they work with. Joining a small team, there is great scope for progression in the role.
Desired skills and experience
- Excellent writing ability, attention to detail and proficiency in turning around copy that combines the right messaging, information and tone
- A university degree with a strong focus on PR, media or communication; alternatively, at least one year’s experience working in PR
- A confident demeanour on the phone and in person, which will be vital when liaising with journalists or clients
- An interest in current affairs and, ideally, the tech and finance sectors
- An ability to manage your own workload and time efficiently
- Possess experience and knowledge of social media, namely as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, ideally from a business perspective
- An existing network of contacts within the press, or a recent coverage portfolio, is a significant plus
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.