Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist
Vitality, Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist you will provide management and support for core Microsoft Desktop and associated desktop technologies used within the Vitality desktop environment at a service delivery and 3rd line level.
You will ensure that a number of core desktop services are maintained and developed in the Vitality environment to deliver a strong, consistent quality of desktop service to our customers. In addition, you will also help continuously improve our desktop and O365 services through improved service integration, collaboration and automation. They will work closely with 2nd line desktop engineers and 1st line service desk manager in maintaining a top quality service.
Responsibilities as our Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist include:
- Desktop gold build delivery, maintenance and troubleshooting
- PXE build service maintenance including new hardware integration
- Windows 10 desktop OS operation, configuration and maintenance
- Patch and security management
- 3rd line support for desktop related issues
- Management of the SCCM stack to deliver and maintain software packages and patches across our estate.
- Bitlocker deployment configuration and management.
- Antivirus and DLP product deployment and maintenance
- Remote desktop and virtualised application stack (integration with SCCM)
- Operational responsibility for Windows 10 gold image and PXE build services.
- Ownership of the SCCM stack including development and maintenance of software .packages that are scripted.
- Delivery of patch management to ensure the security and efficiency of our desktop service.
- Support 1st and 2nd line engineering in support and troubleshooting.
- Continuous improvement, innovation and integration.
- Supportive of desktop security related product delivery.
Skills and Experience required of our Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist:
- Recent experience in relevant Microsoft disciplines
- Windows 7,8,10
- SCCM service ownership and maintenance, including application scripting and deployment
- PXE and WDS with a Windows 10 OS deployment
- Microsoft Products including Office 2013/16, Skype for business, Teams, Outlook
- Desktop support at 2nd and 3rd line working in an enterprise environment
- An inquisitive and engaging personality that looks to innovate and continuously improve to deliver the best possible experience to the customer
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure while taking ownership of issues
- Experience of working across technology disciplines in order to deliver the best outcomes
- Ability to work standalone or as part of a team
- Understanding of ITIL processes – Incident, problem and change and a good knowledge of IT Operations
- Flexible and reactive
- Active Directory management including DNS
- Exchange management
- Office 365 cloud services
- Familiarity of Service-Now.
- Microsoft certified in relevant areas.
- Antivirus and security products in a desktop environment.
Working for Vitality as a Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 15th June 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Microsoft Desktop & 365 Specialist please click ‘apply’ today.