6 days left
- Full Time
Main Responsibilities: control of the sales ledger & credit control. Also some purchase ledger, payroll, VAT & general finance tasks
1. Sales invoicing & raising of manual invoices & credit notes.
2. Credit note request processing.
3. Posting of cash received to sales ledger.
4. Updating of aged debtor spreadsheets.
5. Credit Control: following procedures including chasing of overdue accounts.
6. Setting up of new customer accounts & credit checking.
7. Assisting with purchase invoice processing & supplier payments.
8. Haulage supplier administration & reconciliation.
9. VAT & Intrastats data
10. Other general accounting duties
General Education Requirements:
Educated to GCSE standard in English & Mathematics.
Professional/Technical Qualification & Training:
Basic accounting or business administration qualifications or equivalent business experience.
Sales ledger, credit control, general accounting work.
Worked in an Accounts Department.
Experience of working within a Manufacturing Industry is a plus.
Excel /word skills.
Working knowledge of ERP’s specifically SAP accounting software package.
Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Excellent communication Skills.
To apply for the role of Accounts Assistant, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Ledger Assistant, Sales Ledger Clerk, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Finance Assistant, Finance Clerk.