Lingfield (RH7 6NJ). We recruiting a skilled, experienced and passionate gardener with a good knowledge of horticulture, including vegetable growing.
St Barnabas is a Residential and Nursing Home for retired Anglican Clergy, with 9 acres of beautiful grounds including a small woodland, vegetable garden and pond. It offers a supportive and relaxed working environment with all the benefits of employment such as increasing holiday allowance, paid sick leave (T&C applies), employer pension contribution, learning and development opportunities as well as job security and a fixed permanent income. Flexible, part-time opportunity.
- General weeding and weed killing, clearing and tidying of the College grounds.
- Keeping the grass tidy by mowing, strimming and edging with particular attention to the croquet and putting lawns.
- Looking after the standard and bush roses around the front courtyard.
- Growing a supply of vegetables for the kitchen as agreed.
- Harvesting the apple, pear and plum trees from our small orchard.
- Growing flowers for use within the College.
- Annual pruning and cutting back of all hedges, shrubs, roses and fruit trees.
- Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery and ensure they are secured after use.
- Assist Estate Manager with tasks as directed. Examples of maintenance work are; replace light fittings, drain/gutter cleaning.
- Movement of College furniture as and when required.
- Movement of Residents furniture when they have an internal move within the College. As and when required.
Send your CV and Cover Letter to Niki Blaho, or call 01342870260 for more information.