Evening Class Tutor – Spanish
An exciting opportunity has arisen with Thomas Rotherham College for an Evening Class Tutor – Spanish to join the team based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. This Evening Class Tutor – Spanish role is a casual post from September 2018 to June 2019. You will receive a competitive hourly rate of £22.38 per hour including holiday pay. Hours to be agreed.
Thomas Rotherham College, a Sixth Form College, is a leading provider of post-16 education, with around 1500 16-18 year-old students. It is a thriving organisation that offers excellent professional opportunities in an environment which values and supports both staff and students.
We are currently looking for language tutors who can teach Spanish up to Advanced Level. We offer Spanish courses to Beginners, Improvers, Intermediate and Advanced learners and the successful applicants could be teaching one or more of these courses from September 2018.
Key Responsibilities of our Evening Class Tutor – Spanish:
- Prepare lessons and teach on an appropriate range of Spanish courses as directed by the College
- Develop and implement a variety of teaching and learning styles
- Help integrate the use of ILT into the Language classes offered
- Assist other team members in ensuring that students maintain adequate progress
- Deliver individual student support as required
- Assess students’ work and ensure that all necessary documentation is completed accurately and on time
- Assist in the recruitment and enrolment of students where appropriate
- Asist in developing and marketing adult language classes for TRC
- Be a member of the Modern Languages team, liaising with other college staff as appropriate;
- Liaise as appropriate with outside agencies and organisations connected with our adult provision.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young
- Keep up to date with current developments affecting Modern Languages education
- Contribute towards a supporting learning environment
- Participate appropriately in the College Appraisal Scheme.
Skills and Expertise needed to become our Evening Class Tutor – Spanish:
- Honours degree or equivalent in in appropriate subject
- PGCE, Cert Ed, C&G 7307 or equivalent
- Successful teaching experience with 16-18 learners and/or adult learners
- Awareness of current developments in particular language
- Effective verbal and written communication in both group and interpersonal situations
- Effective presentation, delivery and time management skills
- Effective team working skills
- Ability to manage resources
- Effective problem solving skills
- Good level of IT literacy
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to join us as our new Evening Class Tutor – Spanish then please click ‘apply’ today! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 19th June 2018.
Interviews will be held: TBC
This post will be available subject to sufficient numbers of students enrolling on the course.
This post involves working with young people and vulnerable adults and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level.
Thomas Rotherham College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority ethnic groups. We undertake to make any reasonable adjustments to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face