Business Development and Marketing Manager.
Business Development and Marketing Manager.
A innovative software development and services company based in Reading have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development and Marketing Manager.
To support its strategic growth, they are looking for a strong influencer and negotiator who is self-motivated to join the team as Business Development and Marketing Manager.
This will be an opportunity to be directly involved in the highest level of strategic and tactical planning for business development and revenue generation. Additionally, the role involves raising their profile, lead generation, and managing client and partner relationships.
Ideal candidates will have a relevant degree (business or marketing) and have experience (minimum 5 years) displaying a proven track record of success in business, communication and strategic thinking. They should also have sufficient background understanding of legal technology or equivalent.
They will work directly with the Managing Director in their Reading office.
1. Business Development
- Develop and deliver the strategy for business development, marketing and communication
- Develop plan for increasing sales of IP products and bespoke software development services.
- Review and develop all other advertising-related opportunities
- Develop relationships with existing clients and new prospects and assist with the elements of the pre--sales process.
2. Partner Liaison and Communication
- Initiate and manage existing and potential strategic corporate and media relationships
- Review the current communication tools and re-work the communication strategy
- Presentations and pitches to clients at meetings and dedicated events
- Organise, manage and attend trade events, and strategic corporate events
- Play an active role in the planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting of the business.
- Ensure all activity is recorded accurately on Blue Car Technology databases / CRM systems and evaluated accordingly. Ensure all budgeting and follow up of project costs and negotiation of contracts is completed.
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Relevant degree in business and / or marketing-related subject, Masters degree preferred.
- At least 5 years' experience working in a business development role, preferably legal IT, or other technology sector.
- At least 3 years’ marketing and branding experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in developing high-quality written content for different communication channels including emails, adverts, presentations, etc.
- Extensive use of project management approaches including setting project plans, budgets and schedules.
- First class communication skills, able to operate professionally and effectively at all levels.
- Excellent rapport building, networking and relationship management experience.
- Entrepreneurial drive, passion and ability to help shape the organisation’s marketing and communication.
- Set clear priorities between competing demands for resources and manage own tasks and priorities effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to review and analyse budgets and financial reports to see implications in the implementation and management of the projects.
- Flexibility to undertake national and international travel if required.
- Excellent word-processing and database management skills
About our client
“We provide tailored software solutions to professional services organisations and specialise in the legal sector. We provide unique, leading edge software that links and enhances commonly used Microsoft and enterprise legal software systems to help drive productivity and improve effectiveness for clients on a day to day basis. With over 20 years of experience and expertise gained within the legal sector, we offer law firms tailored and specialist IT advice and solutions.”
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and the hiring company will be in direct contact.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.