Purchase Ledger Assistant / Finance Assistant / Accounts Admin
Job Title: Purchase Ledger Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Main Purpose of Job:
- Purchase ledger responsibility for the Motherwell site, processing invoices from receipt to payment, adhering to company policies for approval and authorisation.
- Tasks will include checking and processing purchase orders, inbound invoices & supporting information, preparing payment runs, monitoring month end goods received not invoiced ("GRNI") & other accruals and prepayments, checking and reconciling accounting systems & supplier statements and dealing with all purchase queries.
- Provide general support to the finance team in relation to Stanlow, for example general admin duties, preparing and processing journal entries, document management, performing balance sheet reconciliations, assisting with the monthly management reporting process.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries/analysis
- Completion of month end accounting requirements (e. GRNI, On Hand and PIR accruals)
- Process travel expenses for employees
- Preparation of payment runs and processing of BACS payments
- Checking and reconciling supplier direct debit payments
- Dealing with purchase ledger and invoice queries over the telephone and email
- Providing general administration support to the finance team.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of Excel and accounting systems (ideally Opera)
- Part or fully AATqualified or studying towards a relevant finance qualification (ACCA, CIMA etc); or
- A degree (or equivalent further education qualification) in accountancy with relevant work experience desired but not essential
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Must have strong experience in purchase ledger.
- Experience in other areas of accounting would be an advantage.
- Experience in Pegasus Opera beneficial but experience in an equivalent accounting package is essential.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Good working knowledge of financial systems, databases and Microsoft packages.
- High standards with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively.
- A self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic 'can do' attitude and a down to earth approachable manner.
- A problem solver with the ability to assume responsibility and act on own initiative.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines.
- Reliable, conscientious and dedicated.
- Some travel to other sites may be required on an occasional basis
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Purchase Ledger Assistant, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Purchase Ledger Controller, Purchasing Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, ACCA, AAT, CIMA, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, SAGE50, SAGE200, Accounts Payable Assistant may also be considered for this role.