7 days left
- Full Time
£Competitve + company benefits
We're looking for an energetic self-starter to find the stories that will delight our target readership - the 120,000 people who come to work in Canary Wharf every day.
The job title might be features writer, but it's more than that. We're looking for someone with a singular drive to discover things others don't know then share them in print.
Are you fanatical about fintech? Enthused by fitness? A follower of fashion?
Do you have to be the first to sample a new restaurant, bar or venue? Are you restless for change and the shock of the new?
Can you find the people behind drab business headlines and present their stories in a lively, irreverent, funny way?
We're riding a tsunami of growth as thousands of homes, businesses and residents arrive in east London.
This is a chance to get in on that action; to observe, explore and help shape the re-born East End.
About The Company
Reach plc, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country.
The Wharf is the leading free weekly newspaper for Canary Wharf and Docklands with distribution in Tower Hamlets, the City, Newham, Greenwich and Lewisham. Established in 1998 it exists to chronicle the astonishing regeneration of an area that was a derelict, barren desert only 30 years ago.
- This role is primarily a print position with social media seasoning.
- Consequently, we're looking for someone who can write in a range of formats - features, news, comment and criticism.
- This is not an entry level position and would be best suited to a journalist who has attained at least the level of Senior Reporter and is comfortable working autonomously.
- The successful applicant will become part of a small, self-contained team working out of Reach HQ at the heart of Canary Wharf.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have achieved the NCE/NQJ or equivalent and have relevant wide ranging experience.
- Should be comfortable covering diverse topics, approaching unexpected tasks with a positive attitude.
- Will be skilled and creative across social media including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- InDesign production skills are desired but not essential.
- This is a multi-disciplinary role that will suit an individual looking to expand their skill set.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.