Lead Installation and Service Engineer
The company is a well-established and thriving firm that designs, manufactures, installs and services bespoke lifting equipment including goods lifts and lighting winch systems. It is primarily for the installation and service of chandelier winch systems for which this Lead Engineer will be responsible.
The Lead Installation and Service Engineer will be home based, have good general engineering skills and be responsible for projects generally in the wider London area but nationwide and occasionally abroad. They will liaise with customers, contractors and the Design Office to ensure the smooth running of that project including hands-on assistance on site and supervision of other installation engineers. The successful candidate will be well supported within the Design and Management Team but will be expected to meet deadlines from the outset and their performance will be monitored. The company has high expectations of all employees.
- Set out work on site in accordance with RAMS issued.
- Liaise with the site manager or operator of the premises.
- Trouble shoot site problems.
- Work alongside the installation team to ensure a smooth delivery.
- Act as the main technical adviser on site.
- Take overall responsibility for quality and safety on-site.
- Liaise with head office.
- Formal Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification preferred.
- Good ability to read engineering drawings.
- An interest and knowledge of machinery and fabrication design.
- A basic understanding of the design of electrical control circuits would be an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Willingness to learn new skills and expand existing knowledge.
- Good verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Prepared to be flexible on working hours to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work abroad for short periods.
- Full UK driving licence.
- No criminal record as some work is on restricted sites.
- Must be comfortable working at height or confined spaces and in good health.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Contract: Permanent 40hr week Mon - Fri. Benefits: Company Bonus, Company pension, Opportunities for personal development.