Acting as the main link between editorial and commercial, you'll use your editorial knowledge to help sales teams stand out in front of clients, and you'll write, edit and promote high quality digital content that will help the business achieve both its revenue and audience goals. You will work well as part of a team to capitalise on commercial opportunities generated in other parts of the business, and will be comfortable working across both digital and print.
- To help sales teams compile and sell high-value packages that encourage repeat business
- To write, edit and promote digital content that helps meet revenue and audience targets
- To coordinate the production of commercially focused content across the newsroom
- To help the editorial team and the whole business to continuously innovate and change at the pace we need to be a successful media business
- Writing sponsored articles for online and in print, taking advantage of your SEO and social skills to ensure they meet the client's objectives
- Coming up with ideas to help sales teams pitch successfully to clients, and take part in these pitches yourself
- Project manage large commercial campaigns, liaising directly with the client and with other parts of the business
- Organise all the social media activity relating to any native campaigns
- Lead weekly commercial meetings involving representatives from commercial and editorial
- Act as the main contact between commercial and editorial to help the two departments work more effectively and collaboratively
- Keep up to date with news/sponsored content best practice and changes in commercial regulation
- Understand the key ways our audiences engage with our content - social, search, mobile, apps, video
- Quality, accuracy, legal and IPSO compliance
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Be active on social media, in line with Trinity Mirror policies, to build audiences and communities and ensure that content links are regularly shared on social platforms
- Ensure content is written with strong search engine optimisation in mind
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
- Undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management.
The ideal candidate
- Strong track record of managing editorial projects, on time, to a high standard.
- Ability to write or commission fresh and engaging content in new areas of commercial activity.
- An understanding of web publishing
- Trinity Mirror or equivalent journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience)
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing professionally
- Up-to-date legal knowledge
- Good understanding of how content is shared and promoted through social media
- Comfortable at getting out and about and making contacts
- Awareness and understanding of how people use the internet to find information
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (where applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach PLC offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.