5 days left
- Full Time
In a world that's increasingly digital, we're looking for someone who loves print! This person will be passionate about paper. They'll fuss about fonts. They'll shout about show-through. In essence they'll want to put their arms around our portfolio of health information booklets, leaflets and subscription magazines and bring them to life, as part of an engaging brand experience, for our supporters and everyone with diabetes.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
- Project managing the delivery and production of all our core printed materials, working alongside the Publications Officer and freelancer writers and editors.
- Commissioning and producing engaging content, devising schedules, and managing working practices to ensure all products are delivered on time and on budget.
- Evolving and managing a database of copywriters, designers, photographers and printers ensuring suppliers have gone through relevant checks and agreed contractual obligations.
- Managing the rolling 12-month printed content plan, and feeding into the overarching content calendar, working closely with the Content Manager ensuring content is re-purposed across channels and aligned digitally, where appropriate.
- Managing print schedules, stock levels and reprints, working closely with the printers and warehouse.
- Ensuring high standards across our offline content, including, but not limited to: print and digital magazines, information products, and marketing materials.
- Helping to develop and deliver the implementation of the Content Strategy, within the multi-channel content team.
- Supporting in the management of the editorial output of the organisation, ensuring high standards and working collaboratively with teams across the organisation to ensure content reflects charity's organisational objectives
- Providing professional expertise and guidance across the organisation and raising the skillset and experience of colleagues across organisation in understanding best practice editorial output.
- Driving innovation and insight work on all our printed materials, supporting individual editors and working with external suppliers where appropriate, to deliver fresh, brand focused publications.
- Overseeing and providing governance for an ad hoc bulk ordering process, working closely with key stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues in regional offices.
- Supporting the Head of Content & News - and Senior Content Manager - to devise a new advertising strategy, working closely with the Media Sales Manager.
- Line managing a small team of in-house staff and freelance multi-channel editors, producers and freelancers, cultivating development and training to further skill sets and raise their profile.
- Providing strong support to the Senior Content Manager, and contributing to the strategic development of the team's work.
- Overseeing and managing the budgets for each printed publication
- Contributing to the strategic content vision and ensuring it is effectively implemented.
- Building and maintaining excellent internal relationships with colleagues and teams across the charity to achieve outputs in line with our strategic goals.
- Managing relationships with suppliers to ensure outputs are delivered on time, within budget, and to a consistently high standard.
- Being proactive in working with the Senior Content Manager to identify opportunities for multi-channel and platform publishing.
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest content and publishing developments and software updates.
- Sitting in for and supporting the Senior Content Manager when required.