Database Technology Consultant
FINTEC recruit is seeking a Database Technology Consultant for a Digital Communications Technology business. This is a permanent position based in Nottingham, with salary in the £55,000 to £60,000 range.
Responsibilities of the Database Technology Consultant position:-
- Expanding the portfolio of database services
- Responsible for providing technical expertise for customer's database administration requirements
- Delivering database consultancy including pre-sales, design and implementation for database solutions
- Support for Sales/Presales/ Solutions
Skills and Experience required:-
- Experience of administering databases including clusters in a 24x7 business critical environment
- Strong knowledge of Clusters, Storage, Backups, Data Export /Import, Monitoring tools and disaster recovery
- Proven experience of working with RDBMS such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Interested in working with PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hbase, OrionDB and many more
- Knowledge or interested in MySQL lustering & Replication, MySQLDUMP, MSSQL Log Shipping, Clustering, Mirroring, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Native Backup and Recovery, Oracle DB.
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL, Shell Scripting.