Are you an accounts technician with a credit control background and skills in management and financial accounts? Looking to expand your horizons and gain a new niche skill-set? If so, our Accounts Technician is the role you’ve been waiting for.
Part of a leading group, Armour Risk is a rapidly-growing business operating in the global insurance and reinsurance market. Offering an unrivalled understanding of the industry, we take pride in our ability to deliver transparent profitable products and solutions for our clients.
With offices in Bermuda, the USA, Mexico and the UK, we have ambitious expansion plans and are looking for an Accounts Technician to join our team in Cirencester.
- Salary of circa £25,000
- Health insurance (after probation)
- Income protection insurance
- Eye care scheme
- Life assurance
- 23 days’ holiday (rising with service)
- Pension scheme (with employer contributions of 10%)
Here at Armour Risk, we have a performance-based culture where the commitment and contribution of our employees is valued and rewarded. We also operate a flat structure, so you will have the chance to share your ideas, make an impact in your department and work closely with senior management.
This is a vital role working within the engaging area of accounting for insurance. You’ll have the chance to expand your area of expertise and make a real difference to the outcomes of insurance work.
As an Accounts Technician, you will take on a new role supporting our Finance Team. Your specific activities will revolve around integrating and servicing new clients and will focus on insurance-based accounting tasks.
- Enter information onto accounting ledgers
- Manage claim bordereau payments
- Support management reporting
- Complete technical accounting activities
- Agree premiums
- Claim bordereau balances due for settlement
- Initiate claim bordereau payments to third parties
- Perform bank and financial ledger reconciliations
- Add and reconcile cash items
- Prepare and enter transaction journals
To be considered as an Accounts Technician, you will need:
- Experience of credit control and technical accounting, ideally within an insurance environment
- Experience in the preparation of management and financial accounts, including maintenance and reconciliation of books and records
- Good analytical skills
- Good IT skills, including Excel and Word with knowledge and the ability to learn the operation of a general ledger system (we use Exchequer)
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve held the title of Accounts Technician, Ledger Clerk, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk or Finance Clerk.
Webrecruit and Armour Risk are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to develop your career as an Accounts Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.