Simulation Engineer/Analysis - Research & Development Department
GBP38,000 - GBP42,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
Delve Recruitment Ltd is a specialised engineering consultancy who's reputation is built on finding long-term solutions for the candidates and client our experienced team represent.
A client we have worked with for many years is looking for a technical Simulation/Analysis Engineer to expand the team's capability as the business continues to grow. Our client design, develop and manufacture (all on-site) special purpose equipment and automation for the automotive and aerospace industries.
Job purpose: To increase company technical expertise, allow further development techniques to be constructed for R&D Equipment and FTG teams, and to align analysis capability with the expectations customer base in terms of mechanical joining simulation of the SPR process.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Be the technical lead on commercial and R&D projects concerning the simulation of the mechanical joining SPR process.
- Prepare test specifications to facilitate the validation of simulation projects.
- Carry out simulation validation tests, document findings, and disseminate key findings through the business.
- Liaise between the two R&D development groups within the business to integrate project work streams.
- Be the technical lead on R&D projects concerning the simulation of mechanical joining equipment.
- Support internal and external customers with engineering and product data. Where necessary carry out data mining and or initiation of testing to establish the data.
- Participate in preparation and review of design briefs and specifications.
- Work concurrently with Purchasing and Manufacturing to ensure repeatable and reliable manufacture, including the provision of general engineering and design advice and information to assist effective manufacture and inspection/test tasks.
- Participate in the company's review, assessment and prioritisation of product design tasks/projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a commercial engineering environment, with a minimum of three years' experience in an analytical simulation role utilising Finite Element Analysis software or similar.
- 3D CAD modelling experience.
- An appreciation of metallurgy and how metallurgical characteristics can affect physical properties.
- Experience in use of MSC Simufact simulation software or a related product such as DEFORM.
- Experience of metal forming processes.
- Experience of automotive assembly techniques.
- Experience of liaison with automotive customers.
- An appreciation of forging and heat treatment processes.
In terms of the person, it is also important that you are very driven and ready to support change. There is an excellent opportunity to grow a team and progress through the company here, so someone who is ready to take that next step will be a good fit. The company is part of a global organisation and offer excellent benefits - if you are interested in this opportunity please apply or call James Taylor at Delve Recruitment Ltd.
Oter job titles: "research and development engineer" or "R&D engineer" or "development engineer" or "design engineer" or "mechanical engineer" or "project engineer".