4 days left
- Full Time
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join the team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury campuses on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £16,880 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Maintenance Assistant you will be responsible for the maintenance, caretaking and security of the campus buildings, including the Halls of Residence.
Our Maintenance Assistant duties and key responsibilities:
- Assist the Maintenance Technicians with their duties including:
- Day to day maintenance/caretaking duties, including Fire Warden duties when required
- Room set-ups
- Car parking supervision and directions
- Keeping all walkways, internal and external, safe and free from hazards. De-icing footpaths as a high priority on icy mornings
- Assist in providing a courier service to the Group’s various sites
- Receipt, recording, distribution, collection and despatch of goods for departments
- Undertake training as required
Skills & Experience required of our Maintenance Assistant:
- Relevant experience of working within the building trade/maintenance environment
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team with interpersonal skills as well as on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all ages and levels
- Some heavy lifting required (training will be provided)
- Full driving licence and ability to travel between Campuses
- Willingness to undertake training as required
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent)
- Building trade/maintenance qualification
- Experience of working in an educational environment
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 14th June 2018
Interview date: Monday 2nd July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Maintenance Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.