Database Administrator / Systems Admin / DBA
Job Title: Database Administrator
Salary: £33,843 - £41,318
Closing Date: Sunday 24th June 2018
26 days annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 years)
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working (possible to use 2 days flexible leave per month in addition to annual leave)
- 37 hour working week
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Excellent maternity and paternity leave
- Optional private medical scheme
- Employee assistance programme (welfare services)
- Professional membership reimbursement
- Staff discounts on transport, dining, days out etc.
- Diverse organisation with Two Ticks status
The Council is now seeking a Database Administrator to deliver excellent solutions to their customers. You will be responsible for specifying, designing, and maintaining their database infrastructure as well as delivering automated business intelligence solutions to customers. Reporting to the Development Team Leader you will have the autonomy to design and deliver the solutions which include working with our specialist partners to refresh the entire IT infrastructure estate.
You will be responsible for managing database configuration including installing and upgrading software and maintaining relevant documentation. Contribute to the setting of standards for definition, security and integrity of database objects and ensure conformance to these standards. Monitor database activity and resource usage. Optimise database performance and plans for forecast resource needs.
The Council's core technologies are based on the Microsoft tech stack with specialist line of business solutions supporting their customer base. A new 18-month ICT transformation programme will refresh their entire estate and create a sustainable platform to support the next generation of upgrades using the latest hybrid on-premise and cloud solutions.
This is an exciting time to join them and use your skills to support an ambitious ICT transformation programme. They aim to transform both their internal and public services with the opportunity to gain significant experience including working in a regulated environment, using the ITIL framework, and GDPR compliance.
As part of their wider transformation, the ICT team has just undertaken a department wide restructure and this role has been created to provide excellence in database administration to enable them to become a recognised leader in digital delivery to their customers.
The Council are looking for a candidate who is an experienced DBA to specify, design, and maintain database infrastructure. The successful candidate will require:
- Specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling and design principles.
- Experience with MSSQL Server on premise and via Azure as well as other database formats such as PostgreSQL.
- A good understanding of data modelling, data analysis techniques, and business intelligence processes.
- Experience creating workflows and processes to enable end users to access the data stored in their databases using business intelligence tools.
- Some experience of MS Power BI is one BI tool may be useful.
- Experience designing secure and reliable infrastructure and assisting with the Council's IT transformation programme and move to Windows 10, Office365 and hybrid Azure/on premise database infrastructure.
Please see the attached JD document which details the skillset fully using SFIA skills.
A basic Disclosure Scotland check will be required for the successful candidate.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience of; DBA, Database Administrator, IT Administration, IT Maintenance, IT Infrastructure, IT Systems, IT Systems Support, Infrastructure Services Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Systems Support, IT Infrastructure Officer, SQL Server, Clustered SQL Server will also be considered for this role.