Braintree, Essex CM7 4DF
Reports To: Managing Director
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The purpose of the Planning Manager is to pro-actively manage people, systems and processes to ensure that contracted service levels are maintained at a minimum cost to the business. To be responsible for the implementation of all policies and processes that may affect volume and handling time forecasting, the scheduling of staff, resources (materials and plant) operational variance reporting and the tools that are used to accomplish this. Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Delivery manager, the Planning Manager is responsible for successfully leading the Planning team and managing and delivering excellent customer service in order to achieve business objectives.
- To contribute to the achievement of budgeted gross margin targets by ensuring the effective ordering and planning of resources, including staff, plant, equipment, vehicles and materials,
- To maximise efficiency in scheduling work by ensuring most efficient systems and processes are being utilised and that plans are implemented.
- To provide an efficient and effective stock system ensuring optimum stock levels are maintained
- Plan installations in coordination with the Delivery Manager to ensure that they are scheduled on time and on or ahead of budget and to meet client satisfaction targets.
- Create, implement and drive customer service delivery strategy to ensure operational excellence is achieved via proactive communication and liaising with other department heads
- To create, maintain, and ensure renewal of the Companies ISO standards
KEY ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Manage all scheduling activities across the business.
- Monitor and report on all planning activities.
- Manage the delivery schedule ensuring that all operational requirements are forecasted and planned effectively and communicated in line with internally agreed SLA's.
- Design, implement and communicate the works schedule plan considering all aspects of installations include cost, timeliness, and effectiveness.
- Monitor the stock and resourcing levels, track progress of schedule and review factors which affect works schedules and address issues as they arise
- Management of the planning budget and reporting results to senior management
- Delivery and monitoring of key performance metrics (SLA's etc.) and identifying new areas to quantify, report and improve performance
- Measuring the efficiency to ensure daily & weekly workload planning routines for both off and on-site personnel and other resources including plant and equipment are managed effectively.
- Lead, organise, motivate, coach and develop the Planning team members to ensure achievement of company goals, including recruitment, appraisals, disciplinary action and any pay reviews as appropriate
- Ensure compliance of all legal requirements by implementing and updating the Environmental System for Owls Hall and ensuring all critical company systems are kept up to date.
- Scheduling “Out of Hours emergency phone” and implementing effective use of resources to fulfil customer needs.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with the company's marketing, sales and finance functions through active participation in the various decision making forums to support the short and long term business plan
- To accurately forecast volume and handling time of all work items and processes to an agreed level of accuracy incorporating regular audits
- To ensure there is suitable file management structure and scheduling communication system in place to support the business and its growth plans
- To organise and negotiate best value contracts for goods and services for including companies lease and hire vehicles, mobile communications and insurance policies.
- Responsible for ensuring all companies vehicles are maintained, repaired and road condition compliant.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to deliver resource planning information that is understood.
- Proven organisational and planning skills and ability to deliver on time to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable skills in report production and presentation of data in a user friendly way.
- Competent MS Office and account stocking systems skills.
- Understanding of the dynamics of a scheduling management system,
- Experience of managing people with the ability to build and lead teams