We have an opportunity for an Assessor/Verifier (Town Planning / Surveying / Transport Planning ) to join the team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury campuses on a part time, permanent basis working 22.2 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £23,271 - £25,432 (i.e. £13,962.60 - £15,259.20) per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Assessor/Verifier (Town Planning / Surveying / Transport Planning ) you will be expected to assess and deliver training as required across all levels of the professional construction range of courses this will include but is not limited to:
- Town Planning
- Transport Planning
This role may include visits to sites to gather qualification portfolio evidence.
Our Assessor/Verifier (Town Planning / Surveying / Transport Planning ) duties and key responsibilities:
- Assist in the enrolment of candidates as required.
- Plan, prepare and assess NVQ/VRQ/BTEC and standards candidates on specified programmes.
- Deliver workshops to support course delivery as required.
- Assess skills and make judgements about competence in the workplace.
- Provide constructive feedback on assessment outcomes and to review and set new targets with candidates.
- Complete relevant documentation in an accurate and organised manner, ensuring candidates are monitored and assessed against Awarding Body standards.
- Use diverse methods of assessment as required, enabling candidates to achieve within their timeframe.
- Liaise professionally with employers and/or supervisors who provide work experience, training or employment.
- Meet regularly with your named Lead IQA Co-ordinator to ensure candidate progress is updated.
- Organise/attend regular standardisation/team meetings as required.
- Contribute information as required to ensure that the team meets the requirements of the Awarding Body and the appropriate Code of Practice.
- Participate in programme review activities and the generation and implementation of action plans.
- Participate in CPD activities as required in order to comply with College and Awarding Body requirements.
Skills & Experience required of our Assessor/Verifier (Town Planning / Surveying / Transport Planning ):
- Have experience of assessing and training of learners across a variety of levels.
- A1 / TAQA Award
- NVQ 3 in relevant subject area (to assess NVQ 2/3) or NVQ 4 (to assess Level 4)
- V1 / IQA Award or willingness to gain
- Relevant recent professional vocational experience (Built Environment)
- Evidence of having a candidate centred approach within workplace assessment/training
- Working knowledge of NVQ and similar programmes and their delivery/QA methodology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education is desirable
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 21st June 2018
Interview date: Friday 6th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assessor/Verifier (Town Planning / Surveying / Transport Planning ), then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.