Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Position: Permanent, Full Time (37 hours per week)
The organisation is an established European distributor of high quality composite products for over 40 years, with offices and warehouses in all the major European countries. Their business is built on professionalism and service offering a one-stop shop for their customers' key materials requirements coupled with excellent technical support. They supply a broad portfolio of top quality products across the composites market including customers in aerospace, motor sport and boat building, amongst others.
As part of their continuing growth they are now recruiting an Accounts Assistant in their offices in Abingdon to help take their expansion to the next level.
The Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Credit control Sending reminder letters/final demands
- Attend monthly meetings to discuss Aged Analysis report Reviewing customer credit limits
- Creating new customer accounts Cash Allocation Credit Card
- Payment/Refund Accounts Payable: Stock Invoices Overhead invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Resolving all Account Payable queries Supplier payments
- Assisting Accountant with: VAT Return Intrastat Deferment VAT/Duty Bank reconciliations (including currency)
- Currency Revaluation Reconciliation of control accounts
- Trial Balance Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Ad Hoc Duties
- Software Knowledge Desired: Navision, Excel, Word
- Must be able to work on own initiative, self-motivated, organized and have a clean driving license.
- 22 days holiday allowance
- Pension/life insurance/long-term sickness benefit
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles of; Credit Controller, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Sales Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Finance Administrator, Finance Clerk, Finance Admin, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Controller, Sales Ledger Administrator will be considered for this role.