CARETAKER / SITE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
SCHOOL CARETAKER/ SITE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Negotiable salary, according to skills and experience 40 hours per week
Working pattern: can vary depending on after-school functions but the core shift is from 1pm to 9pm each day. However, if there are school functions in the evening this will flex from 2pm to 10pm or 3pm to 11pm as required.
Annual leave: 5 weeks, to be taken during school holidays, subject to prior approval from Phil Cunningham, the Estates Bursar, and always subject to operational priorities in the school.
Residential accommodation (if required): On-site at Acuba Lodge, a two-bedroom cottage is provided rent-free but all other costs of living (eg. utilities, power, light, heat, water, internet etc.) are the responsibility of the employee.
Overall objective: To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to Phil Cunningham, including school security and transport and to direct line management and supervision of the cleaning operations of the school which are provided by a third party contractor.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be responsible for maintaining the security of the premises and its contents. Locking up of the school at night including lights, windows and internal doors.
- To control and monitor the provision and replenishment of cleaning consumables.
- To undertake general site management tasks as instructed by Phil Cunningham, and managing sub-contractors for a range of site works (eg. plumbers, carpenters, electricians, builders, paints and decorators).
- To undertake general handy-man duties depending on skills. • To maintain appropriate records including intruder alarm logbook, repair orders and heating system records book, carry out meter readings for the school and monitor CCTV as required.
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and school policies including participation in fire alarm tests and assist with evacuation procedures.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job as required by Phil Cunningham including some driving responsibilities in the afternoon school pick-up using the school's minibuses to do local runs and to supplement the service provided by Regency for local pupils who may finish late from after-school clubs.
Closing Date: Monday 18 June 2018.
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Registered Charity Number 269433.
"EDUCATING THE WHOLE CHILD"