Lecturer in Horticulture
2 days left
- Full Time
We have an opportunity for a Lecturer in Horticulture to join the team based at our Brinsbury campus on a full time, permanent basis commencing September 2018. You will receive a competitive salary of £20,671 - £36,287 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
We are looking for an outstanding Lecturer in Horticulture, with a horticulture and landscaping background who is passionate about delivering effective teaching, learning and assessment.
Our Lecturer in Horticulture duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Complete administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy
Skills & Experience required of our Lecturer in Horticulture:
- Horticulture qualification to level 3 or above
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of machinery, relevant industry legislation and codes of practice
- An understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team with interpersonal skills
- Evening and weekend work as required
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Thursday 7th June 2018
Interview date: Monday 21st June 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in Horticulture, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.