Our client is a trusted, professional, small and friendly accounting company in Stevenage that provide their clients with a comprehensive service to solve all of their accounting and taxation worries.
Due to continued success over the years, our client is currently looking to recruit a self-motivated accountant, who will be able to deputise for the owner.
This role is offered with flexible working hours.
The post-holder will show significant interest in the role developing into a practice manager role (over the next couple of years).
- Deputise for the business owner.
- Completing all aspects of clients’ accounts needs including:
- Annual accounts – personal and business.
- Management accounts o Company secretarial duties.
- VAT returns.
- Tax returns.
- Creating cashflows, P&L and Funds flow.
- Support clients with Mortgage applications.
- Offer suggestions to clients of how to improve their business.
- Business plans.
- Support in supervising and training the team as required.
- Desire to develop career into a practice manager role.
- Warm, approachable and friendly.
- A natural desire to keep clients happy.
- Works well within a team.
- Committed to deliver to targets and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Natural with time management and prioritisation planning.
- Willingness to engage and put forward ideas that will improve the running of the company.
Practical Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified.
- Experienced in working in practice – not just in industry.
- Wants to develop career into a practice manager role.
- Understands SMEs.
- Comfortable with MS Office.
- Clear written and spoken English.
- Warm and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to offer suggestions to improve existing processes.
Location and Hours:
- Based from our client’s office at the BTC in Stevenage.
- Normal working hours will be flexible.
- Some flexibility on number of working hours will be required at peak times.
- Bespoke training and development opportunities provided.
- Some flexibility during school holidays is acceptable if required.
The Initial Package:
- Hourly rate is negotiable depending on experience.
- Can be employed or self-employed.
The Future for this role:
- Post holder will be able to develop their career in this modern yet friendly company.
- Significant opportunity for this role to develop into you running the practice.
- There is significant potential for the number of hours to increase in the future should the postholder wish.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.