Customer Support Engineer
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Customer Support Engineer to join a well-established company based in Dundee!
Albacom is an engineering company with a growing customer base, who provide machining services to customers in the oil and gas and defence electronics markets.
Job Requirements – Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Be the focal point for technical, commercial and contractual enquiries from the customer.
- Compile and issue quotations making best use of internal and external capabilities such as sub-contractors and material and machine consumable suppliers.
- Communicate customer requirements into the organization by creating clear and precise work instructions.
- Develop personal relationships with key individuals within the customers’ organization to build trust and understanding between organizations.
- Contribute to the continual and measurable improvement in the service offered to Customers.
In conjunction with the Surface Engineering and Machining Divisional Supervisor, to: -
- Maintain a record of all non-conformance issues and be involved in the implementation of corrective actions and customer communications arising from such issues.
- Liaise closely with manufacturing team to ensure quality standards are met at all times.
- Provide support with planning and scheduling activity to ensure on time delivery.
- Review and implement process improvements to shorten lead times.
- Provide engineering and technical support to all areas pertaining to the business. This will include but not limited to creating engineering drawings, sketches and work instructions.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all customers’ ongoing activity and manage/communicate/assist to resolve issues as they occur. (Work in progress)
- Maintain customer and commercial job files.
- Contribute to the implementation of “Best Practice” throughout the business.
- Maintain information to support internal reporting/metrics
- Support sales process with an overview and understanding of open opportunities.
- Ensure understanding of, compliance with and actively contributing to the progressive improvement of all documented controls and processes, including Procedures, Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments, developed to reduce the likelihood of harm to people, property and the environment to as low a level as is reasonably practicable.
- Take personal and legal responsibility for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or don’t do.
- Actively intervene in any unsafe act or condition that may be identified.
- Co-operate with the Management Team so far as is necessary to ensure that the requirements defined by the Health and Safety management system are performed or complied with.
- Ensure that any PPE issued or made available is used, maintained correctly and any loss or damage is minimised.
- Immediately reporting any unsafe or potentially unsafe acts or conditions to your Supervisor or any member of the Management Team.
- Immediately reporting any errors, omissions or potential improvements identified in the Health and Safety management system, controls or processes.
- Comply with all Client Health and Safety controls, processes and other requirements on Client work sites.
- Minimum 3 years in machine tool manufacturing/engineering role or similar position
- Engineering knowledge
- People skills
- Machining knowledge
- Commercial awareness
- Understand technical drawings (high level)
- Computer proficient
- Component costing experience
- Time management
- Customer focus
Desirable but not essential
- Sales experience (direct sales / upselling)
- Experience of supplying into Oil and Gas markets
- Knowledge of welding/cladding processes and qualification standards.
If you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!