2 days left
- Full Time
(Full Time 8.00am -4.00pm)
Our client started trading in 1997 and makes Cable-forms, Populates PCB’s and builds electronic and mechanical assemblies, panels and systems.
They are a small “but growing” company currently employing twelve full time staff based in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire and due to expansion now require a FULL TIME Cabling Engineer.
The successful applicant will be working in a small but friendly environment within a team not just committed to satisfying customer’s requirements but exceeding them.
- The successful applicant must have at least 2 years’ experience in a cable assembly environment along with a proven track record of hand soldering and crimping to a high standard.
- Have good eyesight and a steady hand!
- Be able to read wiring schedules, parts lists, cable drawings and follow written procedures.
- Know how to strip, prepare, identify, terminate and group cables & wires together.
- Have sound knowledge and experience of crimping processes and methods and be able to recognise the difference between a good, bad crimp and solder joint.
- Be familiar with cable accessories like, Heatshrink, Cable Ties, Sleeving and Braiding etc.….
- Have a basic understanding of wire types and insulation properties and familiarisation with the hand tools used to manufacture cables.
- Some mechanical components may also be used on some assemblies so experience of mechanical assembly along with familiarisation of modern manufacturing techniques would be desirable.
- Be prepared to work at customer’s premises.
To cut, strip, prepare, group, solder, crimp, terminate, test and bag simple and complex custom and bespoke cable assemblies, wiring looms, harnesses and umbilical’s to customers wiring schedules, drawings, samples or procedures.
To carry out some mechanical assembly if required. Any other duties consider relevant to the above including; writing build procedures & notes, keeping your immediate working environment clean & tidy and contributing towards matters relating to Health & Safety.
An absolute minimum of 2 years in an assembly position and a good understanding of both electronic and mechanical practices and principals are essential. As are a proven track record in soldering and crimping to a high standard.
Ideally a minimum qualification of an ONC or HNC in electronics or some form of IPC training would be beneficial, but not essential.
Successful applicants will be entitled to 20“working day’s” holiday plus all public holidays. Two 10 minute paid breaks “Tea & Coffee is provided free of charge” and ½ hour un-paid lunch.
Hours of work are 8.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday; Overtime may be available however this is at the Employers discretion.
Remuneration: £9:00 to £10.00phr. Dependent upon experience.
Location: Please Note – applicants must live within a 20 mile radius of Biggleswade.
In order to apply for this position, please click the APPLY button below.
Apply for Cabling Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly