CAT Casework Officer
CAT Casework Officer
Responsible to: Investigation Manager, Complaint Advice Team (CAT)
Responsible for: No management responsibility
Salary: PSOW Grade CA1 – CA4
Purpose: To be an effective member of a team providing casework support to the CAT manager and investigators; to provide a courteous, informative and responsive service to members of the public and others who contact the Ombudsman’s office and independent sign posting service. To manage a caseload and exercise, as appropriate, the Ombudsman’s delegated authority.
Tenure: The post is permanent and pensionable. Part-time working/job sharing may be available in which case the salary is on a pro-rata basis.
- To provide casework support to the CAT manager and investigators, recording details as necessary on the Case Management System
- To register new complaints in accordance with the Ombudsman’s procedures
- To update the case management system as necessary
- To deal efficiently and courteously with enquiries from members of the public or others whether received by telephone, letter, e-mail or by visit, providing appropriate information and advice and making relevant records in accordance with the Ombudsman’s procedures
- To give initial consideration to complaints made to the Ombudsman, to contribute, commensurate with the grade of the post, to outcomes including closure, informal resolution or referral onwards, and to make recommendations to senior colleagues as appropriate.
- To exercise, as appropriate, the Ombudsman’s delegated authority, making and communicating casework decisions as necessary
- To contribute constructively to developing and improving office procedures, policies and plans
- To maintain a broad understanding of key changes in law and practice affecting the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction
- To act in accordance with the Ombudsman’s Policy Statement on Equal Opportunities
- Any other duties, commensurate with the skills and experience the post holder is expected to have and commensurate with the grade, which from time to time may be allocated by a relevant line manager.
Please visit our website to apply.