1 day left
- Full Time
Cleaning Manager - Salary up to £28k DOE
Brook Street Portsmouth are very happy to be able to present the opportunity to work with a leading Fortune500 Facilities Management company who are looking to find an experienced and customer focused leader to come in as a Cleaning Manager to be based with one of their key contracts in Whiteley. You will be working 40 hours per week (hours as required) Monday to Sunday.
This is a key and varied role required to manage a safe and clean working environment for a prestigious key customer.
A 'hands on' housekeeping lead to mentor, train and support the housekeeping team. This role is to be the first point of call for all cleaning related issues, to supervise, manage and lead the team. This role will also be responsible for, but not limited to auditing, make recommendations for improvement, health and safety, best practice and innovation, assist with the control of site budgets / ordering and act as first line contact to manage soft services sub-contractors.
This role will be responsible for ensuring a compliant standard is achieved across all sites through effective communication with other Housekeeping leads.
To comply with all Client and EMCOR policies and procedures.
The role is required to be flexible in working hours to ensure support, audits and guidance is provided to the varied shift patterns, as well as have a thorough understanding of technical cleans. Cover at other nearby sites will also be required on occasion and direct cover of absenteeism may be required.
Working hours: The role is 40 hours per week. Generally working hours will be 1100hrs to 2000hrs (one hour lunch), Monday to Friday, however the post holder will need to ensure they meet with and oversee their operatives working nights and weekends, adjusting working hours accordingly to suit.
- The direct line management of multi-skilled cleaners working within cleaning teams that cover a 24 hour period.
- Ensure the cleaning teams carry out cleaning/housekeeping tasks to ensure the agreed standards are maintained for all areas as defined by the clients standards.
- To lead and motivate the team and agree/regularly review clear performance objectives for each team member, undertaking their annual performance review.
- Team supervision including holiday, sickness, HR related issues, rota's, team talks, training and control of overtime.
- Recruit, train and develop new and existing employees
- To support the cleaning teams with performance and quality measurements.
- Conduct monthly cleaning audits including review of standards, setting targets and reporting. Rectifying any issues found.
- Scheduling including regular and deep cleaning.
- Ensure appropriate training of staff is identified, implemented and recorded. This is to include tool box talks, online eskillz, appropriate health and safety/COSHH training.
- Ensure staff are rostered correctly, taking account of sickness and holidays.
- Ensure the correct equipment (manual / mechanical) are used to clean all appropriate areas recommending where additional equipment is required to carry out tasks more efficiently/effectively.
- Ensure effective waste removal across the sites, with waste collected from internal receptacles and deposited in the correct external bins as defined by the clients waste and recycling policies.
- Ensure any maintenance issues noticed during cleaning duties by the post holder, or their team members are reported to the FM Helpdesk and followed up if there isn't a timely resolution of the issues identified.
- Ensure a timely response to any identified cleaning service shortfalls.
- Carry out additional or special cleans as instructed by the Soft Services Manager, using equipment and chemicals appropriate to the task
- Ensure adequate stocks of consumables are available in nominated cleaning stores and where necessary requests for replenishments are submitted in a timely manner
- Support the Soft Services Manager in their daily tasks to ensure service levels are achieved
- Ensure compliance with all CO
In return you will be given 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, a salary up to £28k and other benefits including Pension auto enrol.
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible. If you are still interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: /account/registration. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.
Apply for Cleaning Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly