Specialist Support Worker BLUS64615
2 days left
- Full Time
Together Trust are recruiting for Specialist Community Support Workers for our supported tenancies which provide home living and community access support to vulnerable young adults who have a learning disability or autism in Stockport.
The aim of the service is to enable adults to live in their own home rather than residential homes where our staffing teams provide extensive care, specialist positive behaviour support and promote independence and inclusion within the local community. Through interest lead activities and support you will empower the young adults to take control of their own lives.
You will join an excellent team of support workers, seniors and additional therapy and care. This is a full time position 37.5 hours per week plus sleeps Monday to Sunday 24/7.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Encouraging and involving your residents in day to day activities, participating in service users’ chosen activities and enhancing community networks.
- To facilitate and support your person to make all decisions affecting their life.
- To support your service user to maintain their health and general well being.
- To support your service user with personal care as required.
- To carry out household duties, in a way that involves the person as much as possible.
- To handle challenging behaviour in the correct way ensuring safeguarding at all times.
- To support the service user to plan social activities and holidays and to accompany the service user when required.
- To maintain records as required by the service and service user.
- To make a positive difference every day!
The ideal candidate will have experience in care and support, working in partnership with your service user ensuring your relationship is based on trust and respect, helping with personal care and support and encourage them with what they want to do. You will work well as part of a team and fully understand safeguarding and the protection of vulnerable adults. You will understand that care is 24/7 including overnight stays. If you cant commit to this please check out our relief/bank roles.
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer great benefits including;
- 33 days holiday
- Pension scheme and death in service
- Excellent training program with recognised qualifications
- Great support network
- Career progression.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Specialist Support Worker BLUS64615
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly