Administration Assistant - £17,000 to £19,000 DOE
Brook Street is delighted to present the opportunity to work a family run freight business that due to recent successes are looking to expand their team. Our client collect and empty containers from the port of Southampton and arrange haulage for the cargo
Our client is looking for an Administration Assistant to join their small and friendly team based in their Southampton office (Totton) on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an administration professional looking for a new role or for a entry-level candidate looking for the first step in their career. You will be looking for a role where you can establish yourself for at least the next 3-4 years. Full training will be given as they use a bespoke freight system called Multifreight.
Hours and Benefits:
Monday - Friday 9am to 5, 1 hour unpaid lunch break. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension scheme, and free parking. In addition you will offered a competitive salary of between £17k and £19k depending on experience.
- Helping managers with the day to day running of the office
- Data entry - recording jobs in our system
- Sending delivery notes or PODs
- Answering queries via telephone and e-mail
- Entering costs and sales into jobs
- Using the CNS port system
Knowledge and skills required:
- At least 1 years Administration and or receptionist experience working in a similar role in a professional organisation
- You will be articulate and well-presented
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a busy / high pressure environment.
- Grades A-C at GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Be a proficient user of MS Office packages
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- A flexible approach to tasks
- Be able to use your initiative and work proactively with managers
- Be a strong communicator and be able to build a strong rapport with people at all levels
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible.
If you are still interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: /account/registration. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.