Assistant Financial Controller – Treasury and Investment
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Accountant - Treasury & Investments
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Job Type: Fulltime, Permanent
Reporting into the Head of Financial Control this role aims to deliver a high quality, efficient finance and accountancy service to the organisation and its customers. The role encompasses day to day management of treasury, banking and investments processes. This includes responsibility for treasury management, investment accounting for Pension Funds and control environment.
- Responsible with the Head of Financial control for the delivery of a robust control environment.
- Full responsibility of investment accounting for London Pension Fund Authority. Review monthly reconciliations between investment manager and custodian. Supervise and review posting of investment information to accounting system.
- Assist the Head of Financial Control in management of accounting aspects of new fund structures.
- Lead responsibility for treasury management whilst ensuring appropriate banking and treasury controls and procedures are in place. Complete daily treasury management tasks and ensure operation of cash management controls. Produce cashflow reporting and ensuring efficient use of cash and liquid resources. Making sure bank accounts are reconciled daily, in conjunction with Assistant Accountants.
- Responsible for effective relationship management and development with the Company's bankers.
- Accountable for the effective management of Finance team members including organising workflow in order to meet deadlines. Conducting performance appraisals and ensuring progress against learning and development plans.
- Responsibility to ensure that all transactions are accounted for properly in terms of the double entry and correct postings to the ledgers. Ensure appropriate classification and mapping into reporting templates.
- Lead responsibility for the provision of timely and accurate invoicing to customers and inter-company recharges.
- Responsibility to carry out a detailed analysis of investment manager costs and prepare information for reporting in line with local government transparency requirements. Ensure investment manager fees are recorded in the correct entity and recharges are carried out on a timely basis.
- Manage the accounting for direct property investments and development projects.
- Collaborate with the Head of Financial control in the proactive management of internal and external auditors. Making sure the audit timetables are adhered to, key deadlines are met and audit queries are dealt with promptly and in line with best practice.
- Ensure adherence to Finance procedures, processes and controls. Make sure, periodically review and update Finance process. Report on compliance with financial processes and controls, and highlight any areas of risk to the Head of Financial Control.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post and where appropriate take additional responsibility when cover needs to be maintained.
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Qualified accountant, CCAB or equivalent qualification with at least 1 year post qualification experience in a Finance function.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of accounting for investment funds including ledger management, accounts production and required disclosures.
- Understanding and experience of accounting for segregated investment portfolios including: derivatives, private equity, direct property and other pooled structures would be desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating day to day staff workloads. Conduct effective performance management including development of Finance team members against learning and development plans.
- Thorough understanding of financial systems and controls surrounding investments, banking and treasury.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of accounting/auditing for Pension Schemes would be desirable.
- Confidence in handling and interpreting complex numerical data and presenting in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to present arguments to support and/ or challenge a proposal.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Good level of numerical, analytical and report writing skills including a working knowledge of MS office tools to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making.
- A proactive, self-motivated team player who has the ability to manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines and continually strive for improvements in quality, efficiency and presentation.
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of The Company and the public sector's commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV and covering letter confirming your current remuneration package.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Chartered Accountant, Senior Accountant, Management Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, Financial Accountant, Finance Controller, Financial Accountant may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Assistant Financial Controller – Treasury and Investment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly