Land and Buildings Maintenance Supervisor / Grounds Maintenance
Job Title: Land and Buildings Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: £15 per hour
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an award winning family run dairy based in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire. The Company currently manufactures branded chilled products for retail, wholesale and foodservice customers both in the UK and overseas.
They are now looking to recruit a land and buildings maintenance supervisor which would be suited to somebody who is practical, enjoys working outdoors, happy to work on their own and has a range of DIY skills. The job will involve plenty of variety, requiring imagination and improvisation to deal with tasks as efficiently as possible.
All candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be currently eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
The role involves:
- Ensuring the grounds are maintained and presented to good standard throughout the year including grass cutting, strimming, and maintenance of fences, fields, water troughs, watercourses, culverts, walls and paths.
- Herding and checking on their cows throughout the summer months.
- Building gates and stiles.
- Maintenance and cleaning of the effluent system including land irrigation.
- Perform general maintenance and "handyman type" repair duties including light joinery, painting, general plumbing, rodding drains and sewers, cleaning roof gutters.
- Keeping stores and equipment tidy and in good condition.
- Assist their maintenance team/tradesman for larger projects as required.
- To support the dairy in relevant tasks and carry out any other reasonable work as and when necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail and taking care and pride in the quality of your work through good health and safety practices.
The role is minimum 5 days per week with the option to work 6 days, to be agreed. This role will involve working Saturdays. All equipment will be provided. The role will involve lone working and being outside in all weather conditions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- DIY skills including basic - Plastering, Concreting, Painting, Woodwork and Carpentry, Block work and cementing
- Tractor driving
- Basic dry stone walling (Willing to consider additional training)
- Honesty and reliability
- Conscientious, positive thinking
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Effective and collaborative communication skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of the wider team.
- Pride in themselves, their work and the Company's products
Competitive rates of pay, including some paid breaks
Contributory pension scheme
Competitive holidays per year (To be agreed)
Live in accommodation is available for this role
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with Experience and previous titles of; Property Maintenance Supervisor, Property Maintenance Team Leader, Maintenance Manager, Handyman, Plumber, Painter, Electrical Maintenance, Builder, General Builder, Installations, Pipe Repairs, Property Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Site Maintenance may also be considered for this role.