Each Perspex Distribution Branch is run as its own profit and loss centre, and you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the warehouse, cutting and distribution services.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of 15 – 20 warehouse operatives and delivery drivers across day and night shifts
- Plan and manage the distribution of goods, being responsible for providing an “on time and in good condition” delivery service
- Manage production schedules to ensure materials are correctly cut and packed to the customer’s specifications
- Work with branch manager and sales team to ensure service levels meet customer demand whilst minimising costs
- Ensure all stock is correctly unloaded, checked and stored in the correct locations
- Report all stock discrepancies, damages and or stock picking errors
- Attend and report at regular branch and warehouse meetings
- Be responsible for all aspects of health and safety within the warehouse environment
- Ensure that all vehicles are regularly maintained and all aspects of vehicle maintenance and operation conform to MOT and O Licence regulations
- Keep an equipment maintenance log and ensure that all equipment is regularly serviced and kept fully operational
- Be responsible for site security and act as a key holder when required.
The successful candidate will be self-starting, organised and able to evidence successful experience in warehouse management and leadership skills. You will be commercially driven with a high focus on customer satisfaction with excellent verbal, written, numerate and IT skills. A problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude, ideally you will have a current CPC, FLT licence, along with experience of driving 7.5te+ vehicles.