Employee Relationship Manager
Employee Relations Manager
£35,000 Plus Benefits including Discounts at High Street Stores, 5.6 Weeks’ Holiday
Award-winning, international and advanced, Securitas is a recognised world leader in security solutions and protective services. We blend people, technology and knowledge to protect our clients and their interests.
We are now seeking an Employee Relations Manager to join our team in Barrow-in-Furness at a prestigious client’s site.
In our line of work, it is the little things that count. While everyday acts of heroism might go unnoticed in society by many, we rarely miss them.
This is an amazing chance to get involved with our ground-breaking organisation. We’re leaders in security, both thinking and technology, and we work to the highest standards in our everyday operations and our behind-the-scenes processes.
As the Employee Relations Manager, you will be tasked with providing professional and strategic industrial relations support to the Account Director and Securitas on-site management personnel to ensure the HR and people strategy is delivered.
This is a visible site-based role where you will deliver the strategy as well as objectives and milestones that support overall business goals. For the Barrow-in-Furness site, you will take responsibility for all industrial relations.
You’ll review information from the end client regarding their feedback and use this as the basis of your advice to the Account Manager and to implement and monitor site-based action plans.
The role will also include:
- Developing an engagement strategy
- Promoting relationships between management personnel and union officials
- Creating training sessions to promote employee engagement
- Co-ordinating, preparing and taking minutes for local union and forum meetings including chairing pay negotiations
- Creating monthly employee engagement communications
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake some travel throughout Cumbria and the surrounding area. As such, some overnight stays will be required, as will flexibility towards travel.
Interested? If so, you will need:
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
- Experience of delivering a change management agenda
- Experience of giving and providing coaching to management colleagues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The flexibility to travel and undertake some overnight stays
- A CIPD qualification or be working towards this
Decisive and motivated, as the Employee Relations Manager, you’ll need exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing skills, credibility, business acumen and commercial awareness. A strong customer focus and strategic thinking abilities are also key.
To apply for the role of Employee Relations Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Employee Relations Manager, ER Manager, HR Manager, Employee Liaison Manager, HRBP, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Business Partner, Senior Employee Relations Advisor.