Warehouse Operative – Logistics
Warehouse Operative – Logistics
Birmingham, West Midlands
Are you an enthusiastic and reliable individual looking to embark on an exciting career? Want to learn and grow with a leading manufacturer? If so, our client love to hear from you.
Who am I working for?
With over 20 years’ experience, our client is the nation’s largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker. They offer over 18,000 products, including silver, gold, palladium and platinum bullion, cut to their customers’ requirements.
Our client is now looking for a number of Warehouse Operatives to join them in Birmingham’s fast-paced Jewellery Quarter.
What are the benefits?
- Starting salary of £15,613.65 per annum (increasing once you’ve finished your probation)
- Overtime opportunities
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life assurance
- Great training to increase your skill-set
- Play an important role in our client’s daily operations
- Salary sacrifice schemes for cycle to work and childcare vouchers
- Discounts on company products
- Awards scheme for good timekeeping and attendance
- Up to 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
What will I be doing?
As one of the Warehouse Operatives, you’ll support the Picking, Packing, Collation and Despatch Teams.
Within an exciting and fast-moving environment, you will:
- Complete tasks in-line with health, safety and security procedures
- Pick customer orders efficiently and accurately
- Batch orders for the same customer into one single delivery
- Help with stock maintenance and housekeeping tasks
- Ensure that the correct paperwork and parcel labels are allocated to shipments
What do I need?
- Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- To be reliable and punctual with a strong work ethic
- A flexible approach to varied shift patterns
- The willingness to complete overtime during Bank Holidays and peak periods
- Great team-working skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
It would be great if you have experience of working in a warehouse, but this is not essential.
Other companies may call this role Warehouse Assistant, Logistics Assistant, Logistics Operative, Despatch Operative, Dispatch Operative or Stock Assistant.
Our client is also eager to hear from candidates who’ve worked as, or would like to become, a Warehouse Operative, Picker, Packer, Storesperson, Warehouse & Distribution Operative or Distribution Assistant.
As part of the new starter vetting process, the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
Our client’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be viewed on their website.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you’re the Warehouse Operative our client is looking for, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, with shift patterns varying between 08:00 – 20:00, Monday to Tuesday and 08:00 - 19:00, Wednesday to Friday with a 30 minute lunch break each day