Executive Assistant / Executive Support / Personal Assistant
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Position: Full Time, Permanent
You will be expected to optimise the efficient operation of the Chief Executive Office, Chairman and the Executive Committee (EC) by providing a high level and proactive confidential executive support service. This includes minuting the meeting as required when the head of governance is away and planning to schedule Away Days/Off sites.
To work closely with other Executive Assistants, PAs, Corporate Governance Team, Communications and others where appropriate to ensure that cover and support service for the Executive Committee is maintained.
- Complex diary Management - Comprehensive diary and meeting schedules for CEO and Chair to make the most effective use of time.
- Conferences & Travel - Organise meetings for the CEO and Chair.
- Document Control - Manage and maintain accurate, efficient and modern filing systems, moving to e-filing where possible.
- Telecommunication - Manage telephone enquiries to the CEO office.
- Inbox Management - Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications to the CEO and Chair ensuring appropriate prioritisation of responses and action logs.
- Strategic co-ordination of key tasks for CEO and Executive Committee members.
- Correspondence - Print, collect and manage correspondence both internally and externally referring to the CEO and/or other Executive Committee members as appropriate.
- Operational Efficiency - Review Executive Office operating practices and design and implement improvements as appropriate and necessary.
- Research and Briefings - draft, coordinate and prepare briefings and conference packs for the CEO and Chair.
- As the most senior EA, ensure the CEO's office is covered always with support from the wider EA team as appropriate.
- Event Management - Manage, support and facilitate hospitality events on behalf of the CEO and Chair.
- Knowledge Sharing - work alongside members of the Executive Office.
- Respond to travel booking requests sent to the group mailbox.
- Supervise some basic HR functions within the Executive Commitee.
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Professionalism - demonstrate high level of professionalism, due allocation of responsibility and integrity with an appreciation for the importance of discretion about sensitive and confidential information.
- Communication - excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. For example, writing letters, short reports and minutes.
- Administration - excellent planning and organisational skills. Ability to set up and maintain appropriate administrative systems.
- Prioritisation and Decision-Making Skills - the ability to prioritise, evaluate issues and deliver solutions in line with business needs
- Political Awareness - Develop an understanding of the political environment in which they operate.
- Confident and efficient multi-tasker who can cope well in a high-pressure environment and within a constantly changing landscape. Able to remain calm and competent under pressure.
- Adaptability - the ability to work flexibly and to proactively demonstrate initiative independently and as part of a team.
- Working within a dynamic, fast-paced environment - ability to be proactive, with excellent attention to detail and ensuring up to date with ongoing developments.
- Confident and efficient multi-tasker who can cope well in a high-pressure environment with a constantly changing landscape. Able to remain calm and competent under pressure.
- Promotes positive behaviour through own actions and attitude.
- Project Management - ability to see projects through to completion ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to challenge and chase senior management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of supporting senior leaders and influencers in a high pressure, changing environment ideally within Financial Services and/or local government sectors.
- Prior experience of working in a political/government sector is advantageous.
- Educated to Graduate standard or equivalent (e. appropriate NVQ or suitable level of experience).
- Must be fully conversant in Advanced Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and use of databases, excel, Word, typing / accuracy, and able to learn new systems quickly.
- Evidence of ability to build relationships effectively with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to adapt your approach to meet the needs of the audience
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and personal resilience
- Flexibility and commitment - ability to work well under pressure, and to short deadlines and being able to adapt to change easily in a rapidly growing team
- Discretion, calmness and confidence when dealing with sensitive and finely balanced situations
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of; Personal Assistant, PA, Office Manager, Senior Office Assistant, Senior PA, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Senior Office Administrator, Business Assistant, Secretary, Business Support Administrator, PA to Director, Senior Administrator, Senior Admin, Business Support, Experienced PA may also be considered for this position.