Internal Sales Engineer
Excellent opportunity for an Internal Sales Engineer to join a well-established company based in Thetford, Norfolk!
The company designs and manufactures high quality fire protection equipment at their UK site using state of the art design techniques and distributes their products throughout the world.
The Internal Sales Engineer will report to the International Sales & Marketing Manager and in his absence to the Product Manager.
The main tasks are shown below and will only be undertaken following appropriate training and suitable briefing. In the early days the ISE will be given tasks that match his/her experience and ability. Product training will be given over a period of time; time will be set aside to enable the ISE to become familiar with the assembly of the range of Company products. Training will also be given in the application and use of the products
- Communicating directly with our distributors, pricing (from the price list or Special Price Agreement - as informed by Sales Manager), providing technical replies, drafting Sales & Marketing Bulletins, arranging factory visits, etc.
- Handling and providing answers to sales, and technical enquiries or issues delegated by International Sales Manager
- Facilitating communication with the present distributors regarding occasional issues arising from production, quality, testing and delivery as directed by the Product Manager
- Preparing data sheets, website maintenance relating to current news, website articles and case studies or other promotional material (initially assisting the Sales Manager)
- Assist in the preparation of sales material for use at national exhibitions, in-house exhibitions, customer CPD events. The ISE will represent the company at selected exhibitions.
- Producing draft hydraulic engineered fire suppression schemes for distributors and customers, using standard industry software (Canute).
The position would suit a newly qualified male or female who wishes to pursue a career in Sales & Marketing or who has already had experience in a similar role. Candidates should hold a recognised engineering qualification in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering, ideally to HNC, HND or BSc level; preferably, they should have served a basic apprenticeship. Experience within the traditional sprinkler industry as a designer or estimator may be useful. AutoCAD experience is desirable for use with the Canute software.
Although the job is factory based, the opportunity will arise for occasional travel to our key distributors or clients in UK and Europe to provide training in the use/maintenance of the products, assisting with fault finding or qualifying an installation.
The training provided will be appropriate to the experience and maturity of the candidate. This will be phased over a period of time and planned to stretch the Internal Sales Engineer at an appropriate pace.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications (£20k – £25k)
If you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role and want to be part of a thriving company then please apply now!