Service Manager (Learning Disabilities)
**** SERVICE MANAGER - LEARNING DISABILITIES****
LOCATION: NORTHALLERTON - This role oversees 3 services in the Northallerton and Thirsk area.
SALARY £24,843 - 39 HOURS PER WEEK
EXCITING RANGE OF BENEFITS INCLUDE: A SUPPORTIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT, CAREER PROGRESSION, AN ANNUAL LEAVE ENTITLEMENT ABOVE THE STATUTORY MINIMUM, ACCESS TO AN EMPLOYEE SUPPORT LINE WHICH INCLUDES FACE TO FACE COUNSELLING ON A VARIETY OF SUBJECTS, CHILD CARE VOUCHERS AND A CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME, AS WELL AS ENHANCED AUTO ENROLMENT CONTRIBUTION IN THE PENSION SCHEME.
Do you have experience in a Supervisory role within the Learning Disabilities sector?
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
If the answer is YES then look no further - this is a FANTASTIC opportunity that could be for you!
BS Social Care are national organisation that specialise in the recruitment of Health and Social Care professionals. We are currently assisting a reputable, Yorkshire based charity in their recruitment for an Service Manager for their services based in Northallerton. This would be a great opportunity for a Deputy Manager or someone with management responsibilities looking for the next step.
You will be responsible for managing a team of support staff, providing an agreed level of support for people who use our client's services in order to achieve their individual goals and lead full and productive lives as a valued members of their community. You will oversee four small houses, Two of the services have one service user, the other one has two and one has three.
Other duties will include:
- Monitoring, controlling and adhering to budgets
- Building a high performance team with appropriate balance of skills/abilities through reviews, team meetings and supervisions
- Managing staff rotas to ensure that they are flexible to meet the changing needs and aspirations of the people you support
- Providing reports, data and information as required in a timely manner
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Level 5 diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent such as Level 4 NVQ in Leadership and management for Care Services or Registered Managers award or commitment to achieve within 18 months.
- Proven experience of managing a staff team, prioritising work and dealing with work pressures
- Experience of supporting people with disabilities and proven experience of caring/supporting responsibilities either in a professional or personal capacity.
- You must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively while developing good and innovative practice and be able to lead by example.
To apply for this role simply click "Apply" or email an up to date CV , or you can contact Kirsty May on 0113 2154312 for further information!