Full time salary: £19,474 – £24,669 per annum / 37hr week
Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses, work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, it is currently in the top 5% of College’s in the UK for 16-18 student success.
We are seeking to appoint a Facilities Supervisor to join our successful team, responsible for delivering soft services within the College estate. This will include managing the reception, facilities helpdesk, part-time security guards and soft service contracts. You will be responsible for providing an excellent customer service experience to all students, staff and visitors of the College. The post will ideally suit someone with a strong background in soft service facilities provision, who will excel in a customer focussed environment and has experience of planned maintenance works.
The post holder must have strong supervisory skills, be self-motivated, possess excellent customer service, communication, time management and organisational skills, with a ‘can do’ approach and a determination to succeed and see problems through to a solution.
Responsible for health and safety within your work area and as part of the College as a whole, you will have a strong knowledge of health and safety practices in the workplace and ideally possess a health and safety qualification.
Key qualities sought:
- Experience working in estates and facilities in a supervisory/management role
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience of producing tender specifications and tender documents
- An evident ‘positive’ and ‘can do’ attitude to strengthen the Colleges culture and values of integrity, respect, openness, fairness, high expectation and enjoyment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Possess a BIFM Membership/Qualification and Customer Service or Business Management qualification
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. If the post falls under the definition of regulated activity it will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
If you have a disability and meet the minimum criteria, you will be offered an interview.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12pm on 6th June 2018
“Inspiring learners to succeed in life and in work”