Production Operative (Line Leader) - BSL
- Full Time
At G’s, our philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything we do. G’s is an incredibly exciting place to work. Being at the leading edge of modern food production means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. We work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for G’s and our customers. We can only achieve this through the dedication of our people, underpinned by our values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Prepared team as a Line Leader at our Barway site. Reporting to the Prepared Team Leader, the main purpose and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the complete operation and running of the production line or specific machine.
- Producing the correct quantities, in time and to the correct specification.
- Ensure your machine is kept clean and in good working order, completing any pre start checks and paperwork as appropriate.
- Ensure that the machines run at the optimum efficiency and meet agreed targets
- Ensure that Food Safety rules are adhered to
- Ensure that weights and print information is correct & legible for each product
- Actively strive to pack product with the minimum give away, minimise floor waste and ensure that correct grading is done on raw material.
- Minimise film and packaging wastage by controlling wastage at machine set up and by making machine corrections reducing bad bags.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- No formal qualifications
- Product knowledge
- Practical mechanical knowledge
- Planning and organisational skills
- Practical persona, mechanically minded
- Communication skills
- Shows ambition
- Passion and drive to motivate others
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, 5 shifts out of 7, Sunday – Saturday on a rota.