Trainee Bid Writer
Trainee Bid Writer
Starting salary: £18,000-£25,000 subject to experience
OTE when fully trained: £35,000
About our client
Our client is a small leading independent bid writing company based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Supporting clients across the UK bidding into the public sector, they now have vacancies for permanent bid writers/bid managers. Experienced writers are preferred, but they will consider those with transferable skills who are looking for a new career in a diverse, interesting, and very fast-paced environment.
Full training provided to the right candidate.
As an independent bid writing consultancy, our client provides support to clients across a diverse range of industries and sectors. They therefore require a candidate who is able to write compelling, persuasive text across a very wide-ranging field of businesses and functions. The role requires you to be comfortable with creating content for small independent companies one week and multi-billion-pound organisations the next. It is therefore essential that the candidate is a talented writer with multi-sector experience. You should also have the confidence to lead and manage bids completely unsupported.
Our client works in a very fast paced environment and you will be writing multiple bids concurrently whilst simultaneously managing clients and their expectations. Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required, and you will need to be hardworking with excellent attention to detail and possess a good sense of humour.
- Create business winning documentation that accurately reflects the client as a whole, to a standard that ensures completed proposals meet the bid specifications and guarantees the best possible chance of creating a winning bid
- Project manage the bid process end to end on own initiative in a pressured. deadline-driven environment
- Objectively appraise tender submissions and complete internal quality assurance checks
- Manage client relationships and maintain existing individual bid libraries
- Provide technical and commercial writing skills, displaying creative flair in tender submissions
- Support and guidance to other writers and internal stakeholders on preparing written documents and presentations
- Review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learned to promote continuous improvement
- Become involved in all aspects of the business, including strategy, sales, business development and quality management
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in delivering bids is not essential, as training will be provided to the right candidate
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in a busy, continually pressured bid writing environment
- Sound commercial business understanding and risk awareness
- Excellent project and client management skills
- Able to write business winning narrative quickly and to a deadline
- Show high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions
- Confident with working unsupervised
Some travel may be required for the purpose of client meetings (all travel expenses are paid)
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and so encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Please submit your current CV and contact details online today.