Multi Skilled Engineer
Job Title: Multi Skilled Engineer
Location: Glastonbury, Somerset
Hours: This is a full time, 40hrs per week position (8.00am – 4.30pm including ½ hour for lunch). The job also includes overtime and will require staying away from home some nights and weekend working, so giving the opportunity to earn a high income.
Salary and Benefits: Basic + Overtime. Phone, laptop and credit card supplied. A company van may be supplied once the required skill level and work ethic has been reached.
Our client is a small engineering business, formed in 2004 that specialises in supporting waste management equipment.
Due to continued success, our client is currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer to come and join the team.
Their range of services includes:
- Installation, commissioning and training.
- Regular maintenance.
- Breakdown cover.
Main duties will include:
- Working safely and to the required standards.
- Working as a team member.
- Servicing, breakdown, repairs and installation of Recycling and Waste handling equipment.
- Completing job reports / check sheets and emailing to the office on completion of jobs.
- Communicate with customer of faults, parts, repairs and work carried out and required.
- Help the company to grow via quality of work, attitude, helpfulness and general assistance given to customers.
- Installation of new and second-hand equipment.
- Service inspection of equipment in line with company service check sheets
- Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical breakdown and fault finding on Recycling equipment
- Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical repairs and refurbishment of Recycling equipment
- Training of safe operation and uses of Recycling equipment
- Completing worksheets, reports, check sheets and timesheets and forwarding to the office on time to enable quote, spare parts and reports to be sent to our customers.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- The wiliness to stay away from home some nights and some weekend working.
- Mechanical – Stripping and rebuild equipment in our workshop and on customer sites, installing new equipment on customer site.
- Electrical – Fault finding on control circuits with 24 volt and 3 phase systems – PLC knowledge would be an advantage.
- Hydraulic – Fault finding and repair to Hydraulic systems.
- Computer literate – Worksheet, timesheet and all other paperwork carried out on a laptop.
- Full clean Driving License.
- Self-Motivated and reliable.
- Communicate both face to face and over the telephone in a confident friendly manner.
- Able to think on their feet.
- Ability to work independently with integrity and professionalism.
- Good team player with a willingness to muck-in.
- Have a “Gotta Wanna Do It” attitude.
- This role is both interesting and challenging and applicants require the ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in our CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Multi Skilled Engineer, Skilled Engineer, Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Hydraulic Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Engineering.